Friday, February 19, 2010

EWWWWW....

Warning...do not scroll down if you hate feet, gross stuff, blisters, bad pedicures, and straight up nastiness.

So first, I am horrible at taking pictures. So the following pictures do not do justice to what my feet actually look like. Second, only a two people have ever seen my feet like this...A and well, me. So this is a huge step for me. Third, I have never been into getting routine pedicures, I actually only get them when I go on vaca, which when you are a poor post college student going to grad school piling on even more debt, isn't very often.

After my six mile run yesterday I took off my shoes while still recovering from my six mile run, that went pretty well I must say! I looked down and AKKKKK! What have my feet come to? Oh so gross I couldn't even handle it, so I decided to take some pictures and share them with you! I have yet to lose any toenails, but don't you worry if that happens you will be the first to know!

This beautiful picture is of my middle toe. Isn't that a sight for sore eyes? This one doesn't hurt at all. It just sits there and sings "I'm so beautiful, yes I am!" Sidenote: look to the right of my foot...my little toe is PURPLE! I am afraid it might fall off one of these days.
Okay so this LOVELY picture are the "hot spots" I have on the side of my feet. They aren't blisters but if you touch them within 2 hours of running, they will burn your whole foot off! Okay maybe being a little bit of a drama queen...but you get the picture. Oh they kill. I can feel these the most while running. I love them...NOT!


This lovely thing is the inside of my toe. Isn't it so pretty? It is actually the aftermath of a HUGE blister gone wrong. I won't tell that story, I still want you to love me. But please still note, my PURPLE little toe.
Well now that you have been totally grossed out, will you still be my friend? I can understand if you don't want to be, those pictures were some of the grossest I have seen in a LONG time.
But you know what? Those feet get me places, the allow me to run undesired amounts of miles, they have walked me down the aisle and help me run through Disneyworld trying to get FastPasses for 8 different family members. These feet have seen a lot, they have done a lot. They are one of the most useful parts of my body.
I think God thinks of us this way too. We might see ourselves as this nasty person who God could never use, but He can, HE does! He put us on this earth for a reason, no matter how banged up and ugly we might be. He is trying to use us if we just let Him. We are the useful parts of His body!
Jesus, thank You for reminding me of this! I love You!


No comments:

Post a Comment