Monday, May 17, 2010

Real Quick

Quick summary of this weekend...BUSY! I am so tired today I could fall off this chair. And I had a rager headache this morning...great. Good news....yesterday at oh dark hundred hours (although it was very bright for 6:30 fricking am) I climbed out of bed, munched on some protein and carbs and headed out to run run run. 16 miles. Do we all remember the last time I ran 16, yea the time when I got to 15 and I thought my back was going to break in half? Yea that great run. So as you could probably guess I was really scared to do this. But I headed out and prayed, "please Jesus give me Your power and strength" and you know what He did! The first 4 miles I was all by my lonesome. Mile 5ish a woman wearing a cute running skirt got ahead of me. She was tall as well so our strides were right about the same. I watched her calves the whole way up the dreaded mile long hill. I made the pass at the end of it. Her and I caught back up to each other numerous times throughout the next 2 miles. She was quick off of the red lights but my pace was just a bit quicker. At one point I ran behind her and didn't push myself. I looked up and she was veering off the left, she turned around knowing I was right behind her and waved goodbye. So nice! I prayed that I hope she knew Jesus and their relationship continues to blossom.

Saw AA at mile 10, I was feeling pretty good. Slurped down a vanilla GU and headed down to Alki. At one point my leg was feeling really bad. I looked to the Heavens and asked God to put His healing hands on my leg to take away the pain...and then boom! Right then and there it was gone. Oh Jesus You are amazing! Passed a woman at mile 12 , turned around and told her she was looking great! She smiled but I knew she was feeling it. I saw her again at mile 15.5. She gave me the thumbs up this time. I love nice runners.

I finished at 2 hours 28 minutes. About the same time I finished that last one, but this one I felt so so so much better. I could have kept going a couple more miles I think.

THANK YOU JESUS for the boost of running confidence. I am going to listen to Pastor Richard's sermon on forgiveness tonight. I am guessing it is going to be a good one. I will keep you updated!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the info on pants....UGH I need to just save up and get a good long pair.

    I am getting together a BIG group of Bloggers/Runners the night before the Rock N Roll Marathon. If you are running it let me know :)

    ReplyDelete