Monday, March 15, 2010

There are two types of people

Every once in awhile I need a little motivation to keep running. The other day I went on a 10 mile run at 7am! It was horrible. The wind hit my face and made it impossible to breathe for half of my run. As I got home peeled off my sweating clothes and stared at my bright red body I wondered why am I doing this? It was just 10 miles, 10 miles that would have seemed a lot easier of it wouldn't have been for the wind and the fact that it was 7am on a SATURDAY! And I thought, about all the other Saturdays I have coming to me, 14 miles, 16 miles, 22 miles! Then on June 26 the ultimate Saturday will come and I will stand at a START line and have 26.2 miles ahead of me. And as I stared at my bright red body and all of these thoughts came into my head there was one thought that had a reoccurring appearance..."You can't do this." That reoccurring thought was exactly right. I cannot do this.

So this morning I thought to myself that I needed some motivation because I already registered and I would HAVE to do this. So I YouTubed "Iron Man Triathlon". Of course a million videos came up. You see if you want motivation, Iron Man is probably the ultimate place to look. Nothing is as physically and mentally demanding as Iron Man: 2 mile swim, 112 mile bike and finish off with a 26.2 mile (yes a full marathon) run. These people are CRAZY! But there is always reasons why people do this. The video starts with the simple message: "there are simply two types of people, people that say they can't and being that say they can." Hmmmm...busted I thought. After the video and tears I shed (of course I did!) I changed my thinking to yes I can do this (even if I have to crawl :) ).

But there is one thing that I simply cannot do. There is no changing my thinking, getting "in tuned to myself", blah blah blah. Nope. I know there is one thing in my life I cannot do. It is life itself. I simply cannot live life without my relationship with Christ. Life is too hard to do it without Jesus. Plus I refuse to live the mundane, mediocre, unfufilling life I used to live. I cannot live that life and will not live that life in the future. I can and did chose this personal relationship with Christ because I could not imagine eternity without life.

So yes, there are two types of people, people who say they can and can't. Now you just have to go and choose what you say can and can't to.

No comments:

Post a Comment