Friday, January 29, 2010

The whole time.

Today, after work, I have a 6 mile run ahead of me. I'm going down to Alki to complete it. Do you want to know why I am going down to Alki? Not because it's beautiful scenery, not because there are other friendly runners, not because there is a dedicated path that I don't have to dodge traffic...nope, it's because Alki is FLAT! Oh flat roads how I love you! And of course, I have said this time and time again, but the hills do help in the long run. They do, they really do, but today, I will run on flat ground. I am a grown up (I think) and I will do what I want, so there! I will keep you posted on just how this flat 6 miles go. The last time I ran this flat path a "snotty" situation happened (see below). Pray for me that doesn't happen again.

Last night I was having a QT before A got home. I'm currently doing a Beth Moore Bible study on John. I love me some Beth Moore, and I really love me some Jesus so when you get the two together...OH I JUST AM IN LOVE! Anyway, the study was about loving the whole process of a hard season of your life. It talked about how we all know hard times in our life are coming and that God is going to use every bit of that hard time to help mold us into the person He wants us to be. He is going to use every moment that we have decided to give up, every moment where tears are flowing down our face to help us become stronger and closer to Him.

As I went through this study I couldn't help but remember hard times that I have gone through. And I questioned, did those really hard times, the hard times where there seemed to be no light at the end of the tunnel, did those times really make me "run towards Him?" And when I really thought about it, they did. I have a greater understanding of God's grace, love and greatness after those hard times. The foundation on which on my relationship with Jesus was built was stronger.

Crappy seasons of life suck (sorry for the language!). But there is always a light at the end. There is always a finish line. There is always one flicker of hope in Jesus. So yes hard times do suck, but they are always pulling us closer to Christ, always helping us run towards and with Him.

Look for the light in Christ, it's the most beautiful thing I have ever seen and been in relationship with.

But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on the wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not feel faint. Isaiah 40:31

No comments:

Post a Comment