I could go on and on today about whatever I usually talk about on here on a Tuesday, my love handles, something about running, how I was rocking out to Beyonce and got caught (true story), but I won't. Because today there is a need to pray.
Some of you know my friend Megan, I call her Yenster. Not to be confused with my other dear friend Meagruuuuu. Anywho, I talked about Yenster here and what she means to me. That love that I have for her and now her family grows everyday. She is teaching me things daily, even when we havn't talked in weeks.
Yenster and her husband, "Safety Steve," are expecting their second little one. Baby Yen #2 will hopefully be born Thursday sometime. Megan is being induced tomorrow night and labor and delivery will hopefully take place Thursday but no longer then Friday.
Why is Yenster being induced you ask? It is a long story, with lot's of medical words I am not sure how to even pronounce, but the basic term is that Baby Yen #2 has cysts in his lungs and need to be removed. The doctors found these at the 20 week check up and to say it deeply saddened the Yen's would be correct. It also saddened and confused all of us? The questions of "why God" flew through everyone who knows them. The cysts are dangerous and serious and need to be dealt with in that way.
But what was the most amazing, was that Yenster and Safety Steve never once doubted the plan that God had for their lives. They knew this would glorify God and that this baby would be a testimate to the goodness and grace that God gives. As all of us are still trying to deal with our emotions in this situation, Yenster has been the one with the supporting words and encouraging prayers. When we should be there for them, they were here for us. Not surprising if you know them. To say we are blessed by their friendship would be an understatement.
So that is why I am calling all of you to prayer. Below is a list of prayer requests that can be lifted up for the next 72 hours or so. Please, I beg of you, if you think of it pray for the Yen family. As much faith as they have in Jesus and his plan, the anxiety and fear are still there. Some of these prayer requests are ones that the Yenster has asked for. Others are just ones I thought of. Please pass this along to anyone you can think of so they can pray too.
I love you and know what the power of prayer can do. God does hear and answer our prayers.
14 Now this is the confidence that we have in Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. 15 And if we know that He hears us, whatever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we have asked of Him.
1 John 5:14-15 (NKJV)
"The Lord has heard my supplication, The Lord receives my prayer."
1. Pray that Yenster's body responds 'well' to the induction process.
2. Baby will be strong, healthy, have no breathing complications or issues upon his birth.
3. He will undergo a series of tests/x-rays after he is born to see how everything is going internally, pray those go well.
4. Pray that Steve and Yenster will be Spirit filled and led as they wait for results, talk with doctors/nurses, and walk through this time.
5. Pray for Grandma and Grandpa who will be there with Oli and that they will know how to best help.
6. Pray for the doctors and nurses to see a miracle this week and that nothing will explain it except for God!
7. Pray that their hospital stay will be quick because Baby Yen will be ready to go home because he is strong and healthy!
8. Pray for Oli, that you will give him a sense of calm and understanding
9. Pray for all of the Yen's family and friends to know how to best care for them.
10. Pray that God's glory will be revealed.