Tuesday, January 25, 2011

I'm baaaaaaackkkk.....

Yup, that's right! I really haven't gone anywhere. I have still been reading all your blogs, still running and still loving our Savior. I am not really sure why I stopped blogging...okay that is a lie, yes I do. First I got lazy! Second I didn't think anyone was reading. And third, I lost some motivation. I started this blog to chronicle the steps to my first full marathon and the lessons that God had for me along the way. And then when I finished said marathon I didn't really know the purpose of continual blogging. However, there have been many times when I have been running and I think, "I should blog about this," or when Jesus slaps me with a lesson that I needed to learn or even a quiet whisper of His goodness and I think, "yup this is blog worthy!" But then we go back to point numero uno...I got lazy. So today, Tuesday, I am committing to blog at least three times a week. Help keep me accountable people! I really do like blogging because I can look back at who I used to be, and see the transformation of my running life, but more importantly the life that God has for me.

So with that let me tell you, that church on Sunday was on the best sermons I have ever heard (I am going to listen to it again soon and will blog about it soon) and then we went home and ran. Oh boy...I should have just stopped at church because our 5 miler was on of the worst runs I have ever been on. I felt like I couldn't catch my breathe the whole time, it was freezing and my Jamaican sprinter and I are still getting used to running with each other. So saying all of that, you know what happened next, I started crying at mile 4. Let me tell you...when it is freezing, you can't catch your breath to start with and now you are crying...recipe for DISASTER!

Are you confused on why I keep saying "our" and "us"? Well let me inform you on what is happening March 27, my Jamaican sprinter (JS) and I are going to Dallas to run the Rock n Roll Half with Katie and Rob. Yes you heard me correct, my Jamaican Sprinter is running his first half! WOOT WOOT! I love it! And let me also tell you....he made this decision on his own!

With all of this said I feel like 2011 is going to be a huge year! The Lord continues to teach me more and more each day and I am in a continual learning stage of learning to walk in His story, not the worlds. I can't wait to see where running takes me and the lessons I learn through that. I am excited for JS to run his first half, for Megs to pound the pavement again, for KB to be reunited at a start line and for new friends to find out how crazy this whole running thing is! I am not sure what this year looks like, but I do know this...God is good and I cant wait to see the story He is writing!

PS...on a completely different note...can someone teach me how to use Google reader? I am obviously not so tech friendly.

No comments:

Post a Comment