Monday, February 8, 2010

Bad Day

There is only so much to say today.

This morning I hopped on the treadmill, I put it to its normal speed, set my watch and started to run. This was just a small 3 mile run just to get back into things. I hadn't run all that weekend because we were in Pullman having way too much fun. I got to mile 1 and my knee was killing me, my legs refused to keep going and it felt like there was an egg stuck in my windpipe. So I stopped walked a little bit and then started running again. I couldn't go more then 1/2 a mile. It was so embarrassing and frustrating. I almost cried leaving the gym. How could I not be able to run 3 miles? I had run 10 just 5 days ago.

Oh how quickly Jesus reminds us that we need to keep our focus on Him. I often think "I can do this, I am strong enough, I can do this on my own." That is so horribly wrong I can't even stand to think about it anymore. I can run because of Jesus, I am strong enough because of Jesus, and He is giving me the opportunity to run. It has nothing to do with me.

Jesus I am so sorry that I said I could do it on my own, for even thinking of it. Thank You Jesus that You gave me the opportunity to run, but more specifically to have a relationship with You. I love You Jesus. Continue to remind me that I need You for EVERYTHING. Amen.

1 comment: