Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Dear body,

To my dearest body,


Are you ready? Are you ready for 12 weeks for planned torture? Are you ready for 6am wake up calls to run, strength train and run some more? Well you better be. I know I have put you through A LOT these last couple years.



You never thought you would run more then 3 miles at a time. And then I told you we were running the Tacoma Half Marathon. You hated me on that day. I made you go up hill after hill after hill. But after we crossed the finish line, I think you finally understood why I wanted to do this in the first place.
What I don't think you were ready for was the 6 more half marathons, 1 full marathon, 3 triathlons and countless 5k and 10k's that followed. What I know you REALLY weren't ready for was the countless hours of training. But every race you showed up, some more awake and alive then others. Some days legs would scream at me, other days lungs just couldn't get enough air. But then there were days when we would both agree to pound it out and we worked in perfect harmony. Miles would fly by without really even noticing.






And then of course, how could I forget the pain we have both been through the last couple months? We have experienced some pretty scary moments in the hospital, outside of the hospital and everywhere in between. But again, you didn't give up on me. You healed yourself (with the help of medicine and some doctors of course) and are ready to run hard yet again. I think.





At least I hope you are. Please body, tell me your ready. Don't get scared, I promise I will feed you well and you know I don't have a problem with rest days. But please body stay with me until July 17. We are going to do big things that day, Lord willing. And then I promise I will go light on training for the Disney Half. That race will be fun. We get to run with Megaruu and her body. They are pretty awesome you know?

Body are you ready? Well ready or not....HERE WE GO!!!!


Love you lots,



Your mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment