Thursday, April 28, 2011

Stand up straight, just like her.

The last few days I have been having fun training. Okay let me restate that...I have been having fun getting to know my new and HARD training plan. The whole running part...uhmmmm I am not sure I would call feeling like I am going to fall off the back of the treadmill at all times fun. :) I will keep you all updated on how everything is going. This week so far as been distance, hills and strides (sprints). Yes, fun indeed.

So tomorrow is the day the whole world has been waiting for. Will you be watching? Will you be watching Kate and William get hitched? For some reason I don't think that is what the queen calls it. Anyway, according to my trusting TV guide, coverage starts tomorrow at 1am. Will you be up watching it? Will you DVR it? Do you even care?

All the aunts talk about when Princess Di and Prince Charles got married. They remember where they were and who they watched it with. I remember, just like many of you, where I was and who I was with when Princess Di died. Will tomorrow's event be one of those events, an event that we remember for the rest of our lives?

Does the royal wedding even matter to most of us? Oh probably not. But the royal family does hold a special place in my heart. They help me remember special, important memories of when I was younger. You see, when I was younger I was horribly tall for my age. Okay, okay I am horribly tall now for my age, but back then no one was as tall as I was. I HATED it. I towered over my friends, boys and even teachers. I would cry night after night about what made me different then everyone else. And every time, EVERY TIME, my mom would look me dead in the eye and with a smile on her face say, "stand up straight and tall, just like Princess Di, you know she is your height, and look how beautiful she is when she stands up straight." So I would stand up a little straighter with a little more confidence because I knew a princess was a little bit, just like me.

So tomorrow, will I be watching? Yes. Coincidentally it would have also been my mom's 51st birthday. I think she probably has the best seat in the house. And yes, I will be standing a bit taller and straighter tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. I love this Shelby, because my mom told me to stand up straight too and be proud of my height! You mastered it girl, and your mom would be so proud. You're beautiful!

    ReplyDelete