Wednesday, April 20, 2011

When will you need it?

I started looking at my running schedule the other day. The one that starts this weekend with 8 miles. Yes, you read that right...STARTS with 8 miles. Oh boy this is going to be a long 12 weeks. But I am determined to be sub two hours in July. I am revamping eating, I am trying to get down to a good racing weight, I am going to start running again in the morning instead of after work to get my legs ready to run fast in the morning. I am going to do tempo runs, speed workouts and specific hill training. I have never done this specific of a training cycle before, but I am excited. Everything is in my planner, I am reading more and more about nutrition and I am ready to go. I know that I will need all of this training on July 17. I know that I could run an okay race if I just went out an ran 3-4 times a week. But I know what that mediocrity feels like. And well I am just not going to feel mediocre this time around.

I sometimes I wish I knew when I needed Jesus, like how I know when I need to train extra hard. I know I need Jesus everyday, literally everyday. But there are some days when I cling to him with a death defying grip. And there are times that I wish I knew what was coming and when; when I will need Jesus more then I have ever thought. Someone once told me, "your life might be great now, but don't worry, one day it will all come crashing down and the one rock you will have to stand on is Christ. Are you ready?" WOW! Those are tough words to hear. God never promised for everything to be flowers and sunshine. There are going to be hard days, days when know one else is around, but God. This is also hard to hear.

On this week, the week that includes Palm Sunday, Good Friday and Easter, can you say you are ready? Ready for the days that are going to be amazing, where you can celebrate with Jesus but also the days that are going to be filled with tears and you can fall into the arms of Christ? Eternity is at stake, which can be scary to hear. But nothing is more scary then thinking about eternity away from God.

I know this is some serious stuff we are talking about the last couple of posts. There hasn't been a lot of talk about how my butt jiggles when I run (still does) or how my love handles are doing (GREAT thanks!) or how I was rocking out to Beyonce yesterday (you know I was!). But this week, should make everyone stop and think about the tough questions. Are you ready for hard times, because whether we like it or not they are coming. Do you know Jesus? I mean really KNOW Jesus? If you don't and you would like to, I would love to talk with you more about it. shelbgb04 (at) yahoo (dot) com

Love you guys!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome Shelby-that's all I can say is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right Shelby! Thanks for reminding me once again to refocus. Love you!

    ReplyDelete