Tuesday, January 12, 2010

I hear you...

Okay people let's get real here for a second. The ONLY reason I ran on the treadmill for 4 dreaded miles this morning was because I knew if I posted yet again that I failed to do so, I would humiliate myself, my family and my country. Okay maybe I got a little too carried away, but you get it. So yes, this morning I said "wut up" to the front desk lady and proceeded upstairs to meet my match. I went to the gym a little later today, so unfortunately I didn't get to see my regular peeps (again, more on this later. I am just trying to find the right words to describe these women to you). But I climbed onto the treadmill next to a woman who I knew was a "real runner", whatever that means, and next to a woman who was working it! The first two miles went by without a blink of an eye. Then I started to get bored. Remember what happens when I get bored? Those little voices started to tell me I was tired and sore. "I hear you, you dumb voices, LEAVE ME ALONE!" They didn't, so I had to keep fluctuating speeds to keep myself entertained, and if you have ever run any distance you know that you just want to find a steady pace. When I ran the Torchlight 10k Run for Seafair last year in the 8 billion degree heat, that was a run I got into a good steady pace, even if I was sweating every once of liquid I had ever drank in my whole life. That was not happening this morning. But I did it, so there, you dumb piece of something else treadmill. I will see you tomorrow morning, and I will not be happy about it!


You know what is so awesome about God? Well a lot of things, more things then I can even count, but something I learned today was He is always listening. Always. He knows your prayers, even before you say them. He hears your heart when you can not muster up a prayer. He hears you. When you are struggling, He hears your cries; when you are "dance on the table" happy, He hears your joyous praises and laughter. It says in John, " Then Jesus looked up and said, 'Father, thank you that you have heard me. I knew that you always hear me, but I said this for the benefit of the people standing here, that they may believe that you sent me.'"


How amazing is that? Even Jesus, Savior to all, calls to our Lord and thanks Him for hearing Him. So maybe that is what I should be doing more often; instead of complaining and crying over dumb stuff to God, maybe I should be thanking Him more often for just hearing me. Life is so crazy that a lot of the times I don't even hear myself or I am to ashamed of something that others don't hear me (because I don't tell them), but God does. He hears me no matter what. He has bigger and better things to do, but no matter what, He will always listen.


God, thank You for hearing me. Help me praise you more often for just hearing little ole me. Jesus You are, EVERYTHING. Help me hear others around me more often. Change my heart to be more caring for those right next to me, to hear what they are saying and feeling and to love and pray for them. Thank you God, for hearing me.

But those who hope in the Lord, will renew their strength. They will soar on the wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not feel faint. Isaiah 40:31

No comments:

Post a Comment