Saturday, July 2, 2011

Bucket list...well at least one of them.

I have been thinking a lot about my athletic bucket list lately. God has blessed me so much in the last couple of years with just about everything, but I have loved our sweet times together while slugging out 3, 7, 20, ect miles. This week my mind has wondered "what's on the horizon?" And then I saw someone where a quote that said "what would you do, if you knew you couldn't fail?" OH WOW! I could go on and on about the things I would do. Failure is one of my biggest insecurities. Failure to be a good servant, failure to be a good wife, friend and family member. Failure to run, lead, and oh the list could go on and on.

But that quote helped remind me, I have an audience of One. I am not performing for anyone, but serving Jesus. So if failure is out, what's "in?" Here is my athletic bucket list. I will list my "life bucket list" soon. I just need to do some more praying on that one. :)

1. Half Ironman 70.3
2. Susan G. Komen 60 miler with my sister
3. Sub 2 hour half marathon
4. Sub 4 hour full marathon
5. Run Big Sur
6. Join a masters swimming class
7. Do a sprint or Olympic tri with AA's cousins who all did it last year
8. Run a race (or more!) for World Vision

I think that is all for now. I am sure the list will grow. You might have noticed a full ironman isn't on the list. I will chat about that more in weeks to come and the FAMILY sacrifice that comes with all of this. What's on your bucket list? What should I add to mine??

No comments:

Post a Comment