Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Day 1. What does beauty mean to you?

So here we go! Day one! I am pumped...I am ready....I am scared! Gosh, I should be a motivational speaker. :) What I am most scared of is that I don't know if I am going to do this right, but I guess there is no doing this "right." Right?

What does beauty mean to me? The first thing that comes to mind, is that beauty to me is anything the Lord has made. It is clear the things, people and places that He has designed, He has designed in His beauty. And to me, there is nothing more beautiful then that. There are also things, that when I get to experience them, I am overcome with their beauty:

-fresh cut hot pink Gerber daisies
-a bald head on a fighting cancer patient
-Starbucks. Period.
-SJ, Julia Grace, Oli and the mommas they belong to
-hand written notes from my Jamaican Sprinter
-watching someone finish a race for the first time
-the Coug symbol
-my sister
-Alki beach on a HOT day
-someone right after they have accepted Jesus
-freshly vacuumed floors (I know, stupid)
-a new running blister (I know, gross)

And really as I sit here the list could go on and on. I pray that beauty doesn't mean to me what the world thinks of as beauty, but what our King thinks of as beauty. It is something I struggle with everyday. What does beauty mean to you?

On a running note...half marathon training is still plugging along. I am still freaking out on the treadmill which is really annoying because if you haven't noticed, it is FREEZING out and I just can't get myself out there by myself. I will hop on my old friend the treadmill yet again today, I will let you know how it goes.

On another note...thanks to Megs, I finally know how to use Google Reader. Thank you Meg for helping me be a part of this century. :)

One more...you know what I don't think is beautiful? If you watched Oprah yesterday, you know what I am thinking. If you didn't, DON'T!

No comments:

Post a Comment