Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Day 7. Write a blog to encourage another beautiful woman. And an UPDATE!

Before I answer today's question I wanted to give to you all a little health update. I went and saw my doctor today to have my first, of many, INR checks (INR is the ratio they use to see if your blood is too thin or too thick. It should be between 2.0-3.0, on Friday mine was 1.0. Not good) and to come up with a plan from here on out. So first was a blood draw then I went and saw Dr. Rise. I thanked her profusely for not giving up on me and helping me figure out what was wrong. She said it was the right side of her brain that told her that something was wrong. Gotta love those right sides of the brain!? She also thanked me, because she said she felt like a real doctor that day, by making an actual diagnosis, instead of just a cold or bladder infection. Well at least I helped someone that day! :)

She told me that my INR is still way too low, at 1.2. She bumped up my meds to 10mg a day instead of 5mg. I need to continue to take my shots until we get the right level. This can take a week or so to get the right med to blood ratio. I am getting really good at giving myself shots. This morning I only stared and counted to 3 twice before I finally jammed it in there (gross I know, I'm sorry!). We then discussed how long I have to be on the oral meds. She said 3 months, but then went to confirm with another doctor. That doctor, my new again doctor Dr. Hyde, said 6-9 months. I don't mind being on this med, but I also don't want to be paranoid for 6-9 months that I am going to have internal bleeding. So prayer request time!!!! Please pray that I do not have to be on the meds for more then 3 months and that my body responds well to this new dosage of meds.

The best news I got was that I can run again once I can breath normally (hopefully in a week or so). I just have to be careful and watch my step. She said that it was important that I keep exercising so I know if something happens again. She told me that I was not able to breathe because these clots were taking up 60% of my lung capacity. 6o frick fracken percent! HOLY MOLY! Scary. God has been so good in all of this. There have been scary news, news that I don't like, news that I do like, ect ect ect but I have had an overall peace about all of this. Some things still make me sad, but as our pastor says, "you are either walking in God's story or you aren't." So people, I have my walking shoes on and I am truckin' it in God's story. He has a plan for all of this and I know He is going to be glorified through this.

Okay on to today's question! Write a blog to encourage another beautiful woman. Well this is really hard. I mean really really really hard. If I could list the number of beautiful women in my life you would be reading for awhile. And if you are reading this you probably are a beautiful woman in my life. So let me take a minute and say thank you. Thank you for being uniquely beautiful in my life. I don't know where I would be without you.

But let me introduce you to the woman I chose to write about today. Meet Linda. I call her Linda Lou Who (LLW). She came into my life almost 6 years ago, when another beautiful person came into my life, her son. You all know him as AA or my Jamaican Sprinter. As AA and I got more serious, I guess you could say LLW and my relationship got more serious too. I started to fall in love with the God fearing woman that she was. I admired her prayer life, her sense of humor, the mom and wife she was and how she exemplified Proverbs 31. As I fell more and more in love with her son, she treated me more and more like a daughter, something I never expected. She always had a welcoming and loving hug at the door when we would come and an interest in what we were doing with our life.

LLW never ceases to amaze me with her beauty. She has helped remind me what motherhood looks like, how to respect your husband and how to have the most beautiful relationship with the Lord.

Thanks LLW for who you are to me. You are beautiful, absolutely FABULOUS, and I love ya' more then my luggage. :)

1 comment:

  1. Wow-thanks for this Shelby-very sweet& very encouraging indeed. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete