Friday, February 11, 2011

Day 10. What is Jesus teaching you as a wife, mom, or friend? (Or just a woman in general)

Happy Friday! Last time I said that I landed in the ER...hmmm...not so happy Friday. But this Friday, I know THIS Friday will be great! :)

Good news on the running front! I ran 4 miles yesterday at a 8:57/mile pace. I stopped at the end of every song on my ipod and caught my breath for about 10 seconds and then I was back at it. I was very cautious on how my body was feeling and made sure I wasn't pushing it. But man oh man was I happy at the end of it all! Around mile 2ish I asked God to give me the power and air in my lungs to continue. He was so faithful! At the end I couldn't help but praise Him! Today is a rest day, then on either Saturday or Sunday AA and I will head out for my first outside run. Probably 5 miles or so. My hunka-hunka-burnin'-love-husband has been so amazing through all of this. Even before we knew what was wrong he would not leave me, to run by myself. He stayed right by my side. Thank you Jesus for my Jamaican Sprinter.

Okay on to today's question! WOW, where to start? Jesus has been teaching me more then I can comprehend. I will give you one of those lessons that I have been learning and still have a long way to go. This is a daily struggle for me, but the the Lord has been so faithful in not leaving my side.

For the last couple months I have been reminded more and more each day that the future is bright, when you follow God's path, instead of your own. I am woman who loves to have control over things, and so to open my hands faithfully everyday to the things God wants for us and our future is difficult sometimes. Especially when these things are not things we had planned or things that look not so good. Pastor Richard spoke on this a couple weeks ago. He ended the sermon by giving examples of situations where people thought they were going to be or do somethin and God had a totally different story. As he continued to list these things, tears came to my eyes. Then he got to the very last one, and I pretty much lost it. I won't say what it is, because I am still praying through all of it, but I will say that the Lord is making Himself more and more visible through this experience. In this chapter of my life I feel as though there are some big decisions that will have to be made sooner then later. My brain wants to FREAK OUT but my faith calms me. My continual prayer for myself is that I continue to walk in His story and not get caught up in my own. As Ulla said in the email below, it is better to be in God's story, healthy and full of love, then in our own story, sick and destroyed.

So Jesus...I am walkin'...walkin' with You in Your story! But hey Jesus...can we start running soon? Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment