Saturday, February 12, 2011

Day 11. Post a recipe. Or if you don't cook, try a new recipe and write about how it turned out (pictures please!)

No running today...nope not one step. Have you looked outside?? Well if you did, then you know that NO ONE should be outside. Well I of course had other plans. AA doesn't like Valentine's day, so I told him he had a surprise this afternoon. It was an afternoon to celebrate HIM! Not Valentine's day. So I surprised him by taking him to Red Mill Burgers and then going out and playing 9-holes at Interbay. It started off just windy but by hole 3 it was downright pouring. We kept playing though...well that is a lie. I quit on hole 8 after I couldn't feel my hands anymore. :) We still had a great time!

Okay recipe time...my favorite thing I make is called.....

COBB SALAD TURKEY BURGERS!! YUMMMYYYY!!!

I don't have exact ingredients so just go with me.

1. A pack of lean ground turkey
2. 3/4 bag of cut up sun dried tomatoes
3. a bunch of parsley, minced
4. 4 cloves of garlic, minced

Combine all of these, form four patties and cook in a Pam sprayed pan. You want the juices to run clear when you check to see if it is done.

Blue Cheese Sauce
1. Half a pack of blue cheese
2. 5 oz. of sour cream (more of less depending on how chunky you like it)
3. Hot sauce to taste

Combine....try not to inhale right there on the spot.

Other
1. 2 avocado mashed up
2. Tomato
3. Lettuce
4. Onion
5. Buns, the crustier then better

After patties are done cooking, layer them with avocado and other toppings and a lot of that blue cheese sauce. This burger is meant to be MESSY! Serve with oven fries....so yummy....so yummy I am starving right now thinking about it.

I don't have any pictures because, well, we eat them the second they are ready. There is simply no self control when it comes to these

No comments:

Post a Comment